But he said to them, "I must proclaim the good news of the kingdom of God to the other cities also; for I was sent for this purpose." Luke 4:43

Friday, August 27, 2010

Blessed--My Happy List :)

Do you ever have those days where you are just on your knees, thanking God for how much He's blessed you? I've been realizing over and over how good He has been to me lately and just so happy for what He's given me. I just wanted to share some of my blessings, happy things, and hope that it encourages you to realize how blessed you are too! If you're ever down, make a list, and realize just how good you have it. He is good!

Why I'm blessed.....

My Great Lord:
--He sent His one, only son--to die for my sins!
--He loves me unconditionally

My amazing family:
--My close family are all Christians which is such a blessing 
--My parents have always supported me and been there no matter what
--We love spending time together and always make a point to have family dinners

My beautiful friends:
--They really love the Lord
--My friends don't gossip--they are real, true people
--They have always been there for me, through tears and laughs
  
My wonderful boyfriend:
--He's in love with the Lord
--He can always make me laugh :)
--He's seriously my best friend

And everything else: (some things, I know we take for granted)
--I'm in college--it's such a privilege!
--Everyday I have clean water, food, and a place to rest my head
--That I can eat more than one meal a day
--I have a job
--I have a great church family--love "the Crew!"
--I live in a free country
--I've been able to see/help people accept Christ
--I've been to third world countries sharing His word
--I've seen miracles
--I have a car to drive everyday
--That I have (way) more than just one pair of clothes--some people only have the clothes on their back
--I've felt the presence of Angels
--I have two arms and two legs
--Because I can support a World Vision child for only $30 a month


I know there's more and I'll eventually add them all. Ever since being to Kenya, I've realized that "simple, small things" really make me the happiest. It should be the same for you. Make yourself a list and stop complaining about silly things.

2 comments:

jamie said...

YOU are my blessing :)

The Calm of His Presence said...

Thanks for reminding me that the simple, small things can make us the happiest. It is SO true!