But he said to them, "I must proclaim the good news of the kingdom of God to the other cities also; for I was sent for this purpose." Luke 4:43

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Sticky Notes

About two months ago, God put an amazing opportunity in my life. Now for about two weeks before this event took place, I was in my the Word everyday, just reading up on different verses. I can normally always find a verse that I really needed to read and I love that about God. Even when a verse doesn't directly apply to me, He always puts someone on my mind to send the verse too. However, for about two weeks, I couldn't find any verses that were affecting me, or that I thought related to anyone else, like I thought they should. So I just began putting sticky notes on each verse I found, figuring God would tell me when I could go back and it would apply to my life.
Throughout this time, I had been praying for someone for about three months for someone I knew (getting somewhat impatient with God), when finally my Lord allowed me to share the gospel with this person. It was an amazing conversation, that he actually brought up. We talked about Jesus, the world ending, sinning when you're a Christian and when you're not, and a lot of other stuff. I even had my bible with me, so we looked at several different scriptures and just whet from there with more conversation. I really enjoyed just sharing my beliefs without "pushing" Jesus on him.
At the end of the conversation, he mentioned that if he had a Bible, he might just read it. Whoaaaaaaa. And then I literally heard God speak audibly to me. Now,  not audibly to where anyone else could hear Him; but it was like He was yelling in my ear "Give him your bible, Chelsea". So I asked him that if I gave mine to him would he read it. He said yes--that he might not tonight, but would soon, when he felt it was the right time. So I took out my bookmark and a picture I had put in it, and handed it over. He smiled but looked at me somewhat confused and asked where should he start reading it. Yet again, I heard God and this time almost started to cry from what He was telling me..."The sticky notes, Chelsea..." God said. So I told my friend, "anything that has a sticky note by it, or that is already underlined or highlighted." He seemed excited and we parted ways.
We've talked a few times since that night and I still pray for him daily. I'm writing this tonight to ask that you pray for my friend; that he will read his bible and come to realize just how much Jesus loves him . So when the time is right, He comes to be part of God's family. And also so that you know God can work through your prayers in big ways, when you least expect it. He is preparing you for something huge, as long as you allow Him to live through you. He used me putting sticky notes in my Bible to be a bookmark for someone that's never even opened a Bible.
My God does amazing things when we let Him. Are you allowing Him to do those things through you?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful...

Aundrea said...

Love this Chelsea!! I amazed at what God is doing in you and through you all the time!

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for sharing your story! You inspire me to be more diligent about reaching out to others! What a blessing you received already by just remaining faithful that God does have a "good word" for us all! :)

Chelsea Johnson said...

Thank y'all so much!! I'm just praying-God is doing!