But he said to them, "I must proclaim the good news of the kingdom of God to the other cities also; for I was sent for this purpose." Luke 4:43

Monday, January 24, 2011

Stop Complaining

Ok, so whenever I blog up here, it is always about something that I've been directly dealing with. This past week, I've had several conversations with different people about food. Yup, food. And in each conversation I took part of, someone was complaining about the food we eat (I complained as well, like I said I blog about things I'm currently dealing with). Whether or not it was because of something in the meal they didn't like, steak not being cook "well" enough, somewhere being too expensive, or a diet not having tasty enough choices, it was all complaining.
As I took part in this, a friend in one of my classes actually brought up as how we as Americans, are SO PICKY and don't realize just how GOOD WE HAVE IT. And then I began to think just how right he was--I've been to the third-world countries, where if they eat ONE MEAL A DAY, they are praising God! And I'm over here complaining because we're eating at Five Guys again and it's not good enough for me?! Who am I to complain as a Jesus Follower, knowing how people in other countries are living?! Later that day, I became really disappointed in myself and mad that I had forgotten how it was in third-world countries.
So I ask you to look at these pictures and put yourself in the place of one of these Kenyan children--your child, your brother or sister, your friend, your grand-daughter/son...imagine if they were sharing beans and rice with hundreds of other children--and that was their ONLY meal for that day.


 They didn't complain about their meal. Why should we?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this breaks my heart in all the right ways :-)