But he said to them, "I must proclaim the good news of the kingdom of God to the other cities also; for I was sent for this purpose." Luke 4:43

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

PASSION 2011

It's been about a week since I've been back from Passion...and let's just say, that I'm just barely still processing everything that happened and everything I learned.

Christian vs. Jesus follower...anyone can say that they're a Christian, but to be a follower of Jesus Christ requires daily commitment. A relationship that you desire to have and build on everyday, multiple times a day.

David Platt spoke about how in other countries people that follow Jesus are persecuted EVERYDAY. When's the last time you were persecuted for loving Jesus; like really persecuted? I certainly don't get persecuted as often as I should. Francis Chan said that we should even be joyful in persecution. Does that sound like you? Or would you start complaining as soon as someone else questioned you because of your faith? We should live daily like Jesus did.

Appetites...what rules your thoughts, decisions, and actions? That is your appetite and either it will rule you, or you will rule it? Andy Stanly says your response to this will determine the course and quality of your life; and whether or not you follow God's will for your life. Appetites can be: progress, responsibility, respect, acceptance, love, things, etc.

This is honestly just a few things that have been really pressing on my heart these past few days...

No comments: