But he said to them, "I must proclaim the good news of the kingdom of God to the other cities also; for I was sent for this purpose." Luke 4:43

Monday, December 27, 2010

Just Open Your Eyes

Just open your heart and your eyes; God will present you with opportunities to witness...

This weekend I went to Snowshoe, WV for the College Crew Ski Trip. It was an awesome time of cold slopes, fellowship, good food, and awesome devotions. And with no phone service, it was just a great time to focus solely on my Lord. I guess you could say that I opened my eyes...

Saturday night, after I had a great time at dinner with seven of the girls that went, we got back on the shuttle to return to our chalet. I was the first one on the bus and met Howard, our driver, and asked how his night was going. I was expecting no answer, or a short-look, but he just smiled and proceeded to tell me how blessed his night had been. He started in telling us his 5-minute "shuttle testimony" of how God brought him to Snowshoe, to take care of his sick mother. He seemed to have an awesome story and he then told us some amazing God things. He said how God had given him the power of healing and that he prayed over several people, and God made them well. The one that stuck with me the most, was of his aunt who was diagnosed with cancer. He went and laid hands on her and a few weeks later, the cancer was gone. How powerful is our God?! I just couldn't help but smile the whole time he was talking, because I just LOVE running into other Christians who aren't afraid to share their God stories. We arrived at our cabin, and everyone got of the shuttle, thanking him for his testimony and wishing him a blessed night. I was the last one off, and went I went to tell him good-night, he grabbed my hand and asked to pray for me. (I'm thinking: Really?! This man I've never met, wants to pray for me?!) I agreed, bowed my head, and opened my heart to his words. Howard prayed for my safety while in Snowshoe, my group's safety, and that the Lord would be with me in whatever He calls me to do. One of the coolest moments of my life, I walked off the bus, almost in tears, knowing that I'd be keeping Howard in my prayers too.

I went inside and told everyone what happened and how cool it was that Howard was witnessing to so many people on his shuttle rides, everyday. What an awesome way to share God's love! And for me to be able to witness what God was doing through Howard, really just made my day. And it was all because I just opened my eyes...

The very next day, while skiiing, Hannah and I were on the ski lift with another lady. Small talk was made, but nothing too heavy. I'm always thinking of ways that I can bring up Jesus in conversation and before I could even began with this lady, she brought up Christmas and the real reason behind the season: JESUS. So neat to just talk about my God with another random person.

Just open your eyes for people to witness too :)

No comments: