But he said to them, "I must proclaim the good news of the kingdom of God to the other cities also; for I was sent for this purpose." Luke 4:43

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Different

I have soooo much I want to blog about, but when I go to type the words don't form in the right ways...Of course, the whole week went by again without a single blog from me, so a little recap is much needed.
Last night was our homecoming game and senior night, love the seniors, so everyone was hyped up for all the parties. I got invited to a few, but not really into that kinda thing, I skipped out. I went to a little get together for my friend Casey, that his parents threw, then to hang out with my girlies, Kaitlyn and Elizabeth (there's your shout out kaka). Love those girls... Then today I spent a wonderful Sunday riding bikes with my sister and Elizabeth. We had a great time. :)

So onto more serious things...I started reading a REALLY awesome book called I Kissed Dating Goodbye by Joshua Harris. I'm really stoked about it. Harris talks about how we cannot truly love someone else until we love ourselves fully and until our relationship with God is the most important one in our lives. Two things that I've been struggling with for quite some time. Evidently, one of the main objects of this book is to actually stop dating around...Something that I am praying seriously about. Because let's face it, the boys that I've been falling for, are not the man that I will be marrying...

So I'll probably be blogging more about the book and the experiences that I have with this new idea. Might even do another blog right after this one with some excerpts of the book.

Oh, and how could I forget to mention...Looks like I will be going back to Kenya this summer! If it is God's will and He provides the means, I will be going with New Directions International. More on that later :)

No comments: