But he said to them, "I must proclaim the good news of the kingdom of God to the other cities also; for I was sent for this purpose." Luke 4:43

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Guardian Angel

I have a Guardian Angel and I am so blessed. Javonte Clanton was a close friend of mine and he died a year ago in March from a car accident (check earlier blog posts for more details). Ever since he has passed, I have always felt as if he was looking down on me, watching me, and taking care of dangerous circumstances. I understand that the Lord is in charge of all, but I do believe that He appoints guardians on His children.

I have had several things happen in the 13 months that he has been dead that lead me to believe that he is my angel, but this one definitely proved me thoughts true. I was driving home from Charleston, delivering a car for my dad, when the gas light comes on. Ughhh. The way that I was coming home wasn't even my normal way because of a detour on the back roads. So I look around for a "safe" exit, but just pull off on one pray God protects me.
The gas station had bars all over the windows and NO cars in the parking lot. I grabbed my keys, pepper spray, and cell phone and went inside to the ladies room. As I'm walking out, 4 cars pull up from all different directions like something out of a movie. It really scared me. I prayed as I walked to the car to go fill up.
Now I hate pumping gas as it is but today was just not good. The gas cap would not come off. Would not even budge, it just kept locking. I tried for 10 minutes before I was on my knees behind the car praying, begging God to open it. I get back up, try again, nothing. A man walks to his car, so I get his attention and he comes over. He tries for about 5 minutes and gives up, says sorry, then walks away. I am devastated. I get into my car, lock the doors, and call my dad, almost in tears.
As I'm talking to him, I notice a different man at the back of my car. I get out, wondering what he's doing, while still on the phone with  my dad. He says simply "Did you need the gas cap off?" I say yes, he twists it and smiles. It comes off no problem. Before I can barely say thank you, he walks away. I tell my dad what has just happened and look up to see the man again. He's gone. No cars are around anymore. No one to be found. I pump my gas and leave, praising and thanking my precious Lord the whole way home. I even think about Javonte and thank God for watching over me.
I get back to the office where I take off my dealer tag and go inside. I walk in my office and put the tag on the desk. I look down and almost pass out. The number on the tag is like two letters a bunch of 0's then 22.

22. Javonte's number. I just KNEW that he was watching me and was so thankful for having him as my guardian angel. I love you Javonte Clanton. Rest in Peace babe.

1 comment:

jamie said...

We have SO many angels around us every day that we aren't even aware of. Don't you know God smiles when we do!

LOVE U SO!