But he said to them, "I must proclaim the good news of the kingdom of God to the other cities also; for I was sent for this purpose." Luke 4:43

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Pray

Today in Sunday School we talked a little bit about wisdom and prayer. Prayer. I just get so caught up in my day-to-day that a lot of times, praying is the last thing that I do. You know, right before you go to sleep, that 5 minutes when you're eyes are heavy and you're almost out. Yup, that's when I've been praying. However, the past week or so, I have been doing better.
Matt Bracket (our Sunday School teacher) said that if you love God with all your heart that you'd be praying without ceasing. Whoooooooa. That made my heart drop. Does that mean that I don't love Him with all my heart? I know that if I neglected another relationship that I had, like I sometimes tend to do with God, that they would thing I didn't love them. So why do we neglect our relationship with God? Why do we only give Him the last 5 minutes of our day?
Praying without ceasing and fully trusting have always been my biggest struggles, but lately I've been making those the start of my day. If you continue to pray about something, it will always be on your mind. So I've just been praying about trusting God and continually giving everything to Him. Yes, everything.
So when you read this, reflect about your prayer time and think about how often you do this. How many other things come before you praying? God should be first and foremost. Make Him that!

2 comments:

The Aiken ite said...

Chelsea- Prayer will always be the hardest part of your Christian walk. I don't know anyone who hasn't struggled with this. All the spiritual forces of darkness do not want you to pray! One of my favorite quotes- "The victorious Christian life is a series of new beginnings."

jamie said...

I see praying without ceasing as an impossible feat somethimes too. So I look at it a bit differently, not so literal. I think that as I sing, my thoughts, even a smile to a stranger (anything offered to His glory) is praying.

SO proud of you!
XOXO Mama