But he said to them, "I must proclaim the good news of the kingdom of God to the other cities also; for I was sent for this purpose." Luke 4:43

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

YES, I do believe I can do all things through CHRIST who strenghtens me!

A large update is in need. Tis the last week of classes and I've been pulling almost-all-nighters a lot. Just finished a speech on Deaf Communication, dedicated to my beautiful friend Ashlyn. And speaking of speeches...I have a prayer request/story....

This past Thursday, I presented my Spanish oral presentation in class on Nicaragua. I really rocked it and everyone was laughing and clapping at everything. My professor even said I did great and that I could sit down after question and answer time happened. I handed him my outline and sat down.
He looked at, looked back at me, and asked me if I really believed I could do all things through Christ who strengthened me. I said YES. You see, I write that verse on every speech outline I do, so that I don't get too nervous. Well, he replied and said that if I could do all things through Christ who strengthened me, that I would have done better on that presentation. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaait a second, did he just say I did bad because I love Jesus? Yes, he did. Not much else was said during class, and I left pretty quickly after wards.

I was upset, but walked along in the hallway. I turn around a few minutes later and my professor is there. He says he has a question for me and asks me again if I really believe I can do all things through Christ who strengthen me. I answer with a very bold YES. He basically says that's all nonsense and that he doesn't believe in my God. He always says that I should be bi-lingual if I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. He asked me what I stood on and I said MY FAITH and he walked away.

So God has planted a seed through me and I pray that He will continue to sow it. I will definitely be a witness to him, still and try to help him see the truth. I have just never been prosecuted for my faith in this way, but I know that God has a plan for everything. I trust His plan and I trust Him.


On a lighter note, I had a wonderful weekend with my family and friends. Dad, Kendall and I went to Atlanta for the Hawks game Saturday which was so much fun. I really cherish time with both of them. Family means everything to me, nothing is better :)
Sunday was church and then to Charleston!! We went to Folly Beach and had blast in the wind! lol And then to Needtobreathe!! They were amazing and it was a great night.

Loveeeeeeee.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Definitely praying for you and your professor. I couldn't think of a better person to be in his class witnessing to him then you! :) Oh yea and I'm still insane jealous about Needtobreathe.

maoverman said...

Chelsea,

I hope your speech went well today on Deaf Communication. I am so proud of you and have loved watching you grow in Christ. You are so bold to proclaim your faith to everyone you meet and I love that about you. Always have. You have definitely planted a seed and I pray along with you that God continues to sow that seed. I love you :)

Chelsea Johnson said...

Awh, thank you both! Loveeee.