But he said to them, "I must proclaim the good news of the kingdom of God to the other cities also; for I was sent for this purpose." Luke 4:43

Sunday, April 25, 2010

My Head is Exploding....

I have so much I want to say and type and write...I just don't know that I can put all my thoughts out there and actually make sense. But of course, I will try...
God has been seriously teaching me this week. About patience, prayer, selfishness, and true Christian friends...so really, the things He's been teaching me for awhile now. I just can't get enough of Him. And a new thing: insecurity.

I went Beth Moore this weekend (in Atlanta) with the lovely women of my Church and she was AWESOME. The conference was based on her new book: So Long Insecurity, You've Been a Bad Friend to Me, which I of course had to buy. It's so great so far, and I'm only on page like 27. So for those of you who didn't get to go, I'm going to write out some of her main points that really stuck with me. :)
 --Insecurity is not a weakness, it's a unbelief in God!
--God wants to bless you by being a woman--embrace it!
--A SECURE women is:
       Saved from herself
       Entitled to Truth
       Clothed with Intention
       Upended by Grace
       Rebounded by Love
       Exceptional in life
And she said sooo much more awesome, everyday things...but you should visit her blog for more: (http://blog.lproof.org).

Still learning about prayer in Sunday School and everyday in my devotions. One thing Matt has said that has really been ringing in my heart is how we always pay attention to these two verses: "11For surely I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans for your welfare and not for harm, to give you a future with hope...13When you search for me, you will find me; if you seek me with all your heart." (Jeremiah 29:11&13) But there is a verse in between those...a verse we sometimes read over. "12Then when you call upon me and come and pray to me, I will hear you." (Jeremiah 29:12) Hear that? For those other two verses to work, we have to PRAY, really pray.

Onto the true Christian friends. I seriously just wake up everyday and praise God for the people He has put in my life. It's so insane how much He has blessed me and how He keeps placing the most beautiful people in my life at the absolutely perfect moments. (On being patient--and we all know that God doesn't give us patience, He puts us in situations to be patient). "3I thank my God every time I remember you, 4constantly praying for all of you..." Philippians 1:3-4 So a little shout out to all my wonderful friends, love you guys.

...And onto a side note: we had our first Nicaragua meeting tonight and I am soo siked. I cannot wait to see what God is going to do through our team down there. A verse that I thought of during this was: "For a day in Your courts is better than a thousand elsewhere. I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than live in tents of wickedness." Psalm 84:10 And I love this because when it says doorkeeper, I just think of being a missionary and telling everyone about Jesus. And how much I can't wait to be in His house, at His door, with all my fellow believers.

Love.xoxo.

No comments: