But he said to them, "I must proclaim the good news of the kingdom of God to the other cities also; for I was sent for this purpose." Luke 4:43

Saturday, January 9, 2010

a best friend.


So this blog is going to be dedicated to one of the most beautiful people I have ever met. Kelsey Joy Church has been one of my closest friends for a few years now and this is for her :-) Love you Vegasbaybee.


From the moment I first met Kelsey, we were not fans of each other. Of course, being in high school, the new girl is never one to be accepted and I was new into the church. However, over the course of time we have become best friends. In ingroups together is where it all started. We became prayer partners and automatically had so much in common. We prayed together that first night on the swing and it was so beautiful. God always just brings people into your life just at the right times :)

Kelsey and I have been on many adventures together, good and bad, but mostly just very fun. Going in Las Vegas together and many Atlanta trips, movies with good soundtracks and music to just die for ("you have to hear this song, it will change your life forever", talking about boys and moms and realizing we have the same problems with both. Kelsey and I were always able to get right in track with each other's lives even if we didn't talk for weeks. Mis-communication and petty fights were never a problem. 


This girl has never let anyone bring her down or mislead her from her dreams. She is actually going to Kentucky now for a school for photography, which is her love. All the way, far away, all by herself. No one will stop her. That is a brave girl. 


She might not know, but she's always been a role model in my life. A hero of mine. Always standing up for herself, family and friends, and what she believed in. This girl is a true, true person. Realer than most.

So Kelsey, I love you and I hate that you are leaving me here in little ol' Aiken, but so crazy excited for this new adventure for you. Remember that you can do anything and nobody can take you down. 



"look at the stars, look how they shine for you, and everything you do, and it was all yellow"

No comments: