But he said to them, "I must proclaim the good news of the kingdom of God to the other cities also; for I was sent for this purpose." Luke 4:43

Friday, January 8, 2010

None But Jesus

So Christmas and New Years has come and gone, sadly, but it's definitely been nice to be back to real life.  Everyone is always complaining about having to go back to school and work, but I think it such a blessing to even have a job AND have the privilege to go to college! It's not a right, or guaranteed, like so many people think today. People take so much for granted.

I think God has been teaching me a lot lately, through different people and situations. Ever pray for God to take away everything in your life that keeps you from Him? Well, I did. And He's doing it. Scary, but very exciting at the same time. I know He has huge plans for me, as He does for everyone, but lately I've been too scared to really follow those plans. Too scared of what the future holds and who may be there, or may not be. Seems like everybody got engaged over the Holidays, which is so exciting, congrats guys :), but yet again shows me that I am so close to the "real world" as everybody has been calling it. So close to graduation, and husbands, and kids, and jobs, but seriously so far away still. Am I even ready for that? Am I mature enough for all these things? Am I ready to follow God's will? Seriously, and I mean seriously, just put Him first and foremost? Trust Him with everything and stop putting my life in shelves and only letting him have a few of them? I am ready. I am soooo ready. I want to do whatever He wants, go wherever He calls, share the good news of His son with whomever He leads me to.


Lately, He has been taking people out of my life that were once very close to me. Putting new people in, not to replace, but to cherish differently. Every person in your life was put there for a purpose and I think everything really does happen for a reason. Events always happen in such particular order in my life, which always reminds me that God is in control, of everything, forever.

Just like, as I am writing this, the song "None but Jesus" comes on. Geezzz God, you are too good :-) Thank YOU Lord!

"In the quiet, in the stillness
I know that you are God
In the secret of your presence
I know there I am restored
When you call I won't refuse
Each new day, again I'll choose

There is no one else for me
None but Jesus
Crucified to set me free
Now I live to bring Him praise

In the chaos, in confusion
I know you're sovereign still
In the moment of my weakness
You give me grace to do your will
When you call I won't delay
This my song through all my days

There is no one else for me
None but Jesus
Crucified to set me free
Now I live to bring Him praise

I am yours and you are mine...

All my delight is in you Lord
All of my hope
All of my strength
All my delight is in you Lord
Forevermore"

No comments: